Welcome to the growing WISE community. This flourishing school depends on its committed parent volunteers. Please sign up for a volunteer task, and help enrich the school while strengthening our community, learning a new skill, and meeting other parents.
Many hands make light work! Contact email@example.com to volunteer!
How you can get involved!
There are so many ways that parents can help out with our school! Volunteer opportunities take all forms, from things you do in your own spare time to helping out in classes on a regular basis. Listed below are some of the ways that you can get involved.
Contact your Class Rep
The Class Rep can help you find volunteer opportunities that exist within your class, such as helping your class Teacher with a project, helping on a field trip and signing up for the class Winter Fair station. To find out who your class rep is, please ask your class Teacher.
Sign up for a Committee
If you would like to be involved in the behind the scenes work that goes on, email us about joining a committee. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information about any of the committee’s listed below.
- Fundraising – This important committee researches new fundraising opportunities as well as maintains ongoing ones, such as the Growing WISE mural. Our school depends on fundraising!
- Gateways Conference Steering Committee – The annual Gateways conference in the end of April/ early May brings together amazing keynote speakers and inspiring workshops. Come and help organize this wonderful learning experience for our community.
- Gala Organizing Committee – The Gala, which happens in early March is an adult-only musical event with a great silent auction.
- Garden and Playground Committee – Work with us as we plan, implement, and fundraise for our new outdoor space. Grant writers needed!
- Festivals Committee – This committee plans the Pumpkin Walk, the Winter Fair, and the Mayfair.
- Library Committee – Needs regular parent volunteers to help staff it and keep it running smoothly.
- Communications – Website development, creation of brochures and pamphlets, and communication with the community.
- Maintenance and Carpentry – If you can’t make meetings, but would like to help when there are odd jobs to be done around the school, join this one.
Come to a Work Bee
Throughout the year there are several Work Bees where we come together on a Sunday afternoon and complete projects at the school. Some work bees have a specific focus, such as digging new gardens while others have odd jobs of all kinds. Work bees are a lot of fun, and a great way to meet parents from all the different classes. Please sign up so we can estimate how much work we will be able to accomplish. Childcare is available by donation.
Email email@example.com for more information on volunteering at our school.